Minnesota is due for a weather warm-up this weekend. If you are considering taking down your holiday lights, be sure to protect your home from costly damages. Here are some quick reminders to keep top of mind when working in the cold.
- If you do get on your roof be careful not to damage shingles by avoiding standing/sitting/kneeling in one spot for an extended period of time. Any foot traffic can shorten the life of your roof.
- Never try to lift shingles in cold weather.
- Be careful where you lean your ladder. Consider getting a ‘stand-off’ that keeps the weight off of your gutters and eave line.
- Note that vinyl siding in cold weather is very brittle; avoid heavy impact when moving your ladder.
- If you made any holes in your siding and/or trim make sure you get them sealed back up right away. For a quick repair consider using caulk. If any pieces need to be replaced consider waiting until spring to avoid damaging the siding around it, or give us a call to discuss how we can help.